Creating a button on the page layout to launch Chili Piper's Instant Booker is an easy way to take advantage of Chili Piper inside of Salesforce.
While "Links" can be created and used in some situations as well for booking or sharing via email or API, this article will focus on the instructions for creating a Custom Button within Salesforce Setup that loads the internal-only Instant Booker and/or the Hot Handoff module.
It is also possible to use a Salesforce Screenflow to load Chili Piper, should you need the User to take some action or update fields before the User loads Chili Piper to book a meeting. The URLs for the buttons listed below will also work and be supported via Screenflows as well.
Once setup, the End User must have a logged in session with Chili Piper access the Instant Booker Interface
This article will cover:
- Instructions for creating a Custom Button in Salesforce to book meetings via the Chili Piper Instant Booker
- Considerations and details for the following objects:
- Custom Objects
- How to add the Custom Button to your Page Layout in Salesforce
Creating Salesforce Custom Button
- Navigate to "Object Manager" in Salesforce Setup
- Search for the Object you wish to create the button
- Click Into "Buttons, Links, and Actions" → "Add Button or Link"
- Name the Label, add a description (optional), select:
- Display Type: "Detail Page Button"
- Behavior: "Display in a new window"
- Content Source: "URL"
Choose the Correct URL to add into Salesforce
Chili Piper requires 1 of 3 types of values from within Salesforce for finding an email address to be able to schedule a meeting on the calendar:
- Lead Id
- Contact Id
- Email Address
Chili Piper accepts both 15-digit (classic) and 18-digit (lightning) Salesforce Id's for passing the value.
Salesforce Events related to Lead records cannot also be related to other Objects, meaning passing an opportunityId, caseId, or objectId will not result in an Event created related to the record passed in the URL.
Routing by and Relating to Opportunity, Case, and Custom Objects
For Routing, Reporting, and Automation Purposes other Object Record Id's can be passed to Chili Piper. Using opportunityId, caseId, or objectId from the Custom Button will override any settings around Event relationships as defined in the CRM Actions of your Workspace.
Add button to the layout
Once your Custom Button is created on the respective Object, the next step is adding the Button to the Salesforce Page Layout so that End Users are able to access and click on the Button to load Chili Piper.
- In "Object Manager," in the Object you added the Custom Button, select "Page Layout" and choose the Page Layout you wish to apply the Button to.
- Click on "Buttons", search for the Button you created in the previous steps, and Drag the button into the "Custom Buttons" Section of the Page Layout.
3. Now that the Custom Button is available in Custom Buttons, navigate to a real Opportunity record, click the Gear Icon on the page → "Edit Page"
4. Click into the "Highlight Panel", then click "Add Actions" on the Right Panel, search for the name of the Button that you created, and Add it to the Page
Note: Salesforce Lightning Page Layouts have a maximum amount of 10 Visible Action Buttons
5. Click "Save" in the top right and your Custom Button to book meetings will be Live.
When you click the Button, you should expect to see the Chili Piper Instant Booker open, using the Name and Email Address of the respective Lead or Contact that you are booking with.