Do you hate having to add Contact Roles to your Opportunities in SFDC? Us too.
Instead of having to remember to add in Contact Roles, book the meeting via Chili Piper so every meeting can be automatically logged directly in your SFDC Opportunities.
Make sure your Chili Piper Admin has enabled Opportunity Support for the Meeting Type(s) you would like to relate to a Salesforce Opportunity. See here for details.
How to Relate a Meeting to a Salesforce Opportunity
Steps via Browser Extension:
- Open the Chili Piper browser extension to open the calendar;
- Select the Meeting Type where Opportunity integration is enabled (this may be the default);
- Select which Opportunity would like to relate a Meeting to within the Instant Booker:
Note: By default, the Opportunity with the nearest Close Date associated with the Account will populate. To view and select all open Opportunities for a related Account, simply click the Dropdown and select the Opportunity you are booking a meeting for.
4. Suggest Times via Email or Book Now!
Once you have successfully booked the meeting, the Event will be written to Open Activities within the Related Opportunity you have selected!
Steps via Booking Link:
In this use-case, you're able to send out your booking link and automatically have the Event written to an open opportunity for that prospect when a meeting is booked!
There are two ways to relate a Meeting to an Opportunity within Salesforce:
1. Send a normal Booking URL
- Setting "Related Opportunity" must be enabled - see here for details;
- When no Opportunity ID is appended, we add the Event to the Open Opportunity from the related Account with the nearest Close Date.
2. Append the Opportunity ID as a parameter in your booking link to specify which Opportunity.
We will use the parameter 'opportunityId' as a parameter of a booking link, as in the example below:
For further details about all possible parameters of a booking link, please refer to the article: Smart Booking Links.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Locate the Opportunity ID to Append to URL. The Opportunity ID can be found via the Salesforce Opportunity URL.
- Locate the Chili Piper booking link to be used for the meeting.
- Add the 'opportunityId=' parameter to your URL and append the Opportunity ID at the end of the URL.
- Send off to your client!
Notes for booking via Booking Link:
- Make sure to use a meeting template that has Case Support Enabled.
- Remember to add the client's email address using the 'firstname.lastname@example.org' parameter for 1-click booking.
- This URL can be generated automatically via Salesforce as well.