This article pertains to customers who connect to Chili Piper via Google OAuth Registered Application. When initializing the connect, the Google Admin will be prompted to accept the permission scope.
Please see the permissions and permission description below:
- See and download your contacts
- Why is this required? We ask for access to the contacts API, read-only, to make it faster to input guests when creating an event.
- See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar
- Why is this required? This pertains to the users you add to the account. This scope allows for Chili Piper to schedule meetings, reschedule meetings, and cancel meetings. It also allows users to schedule meetings with themselves and others in your organization.
Below is the OAuth 2.0 scope information for the Google Calendar API:
- We use the first scope for read/write access to Calendars - https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar
- We also use the fourth scope for read-only access to Events - https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.events.readonly