Chili Piper lives as a Chrome extension.
Though very rare, some users may experience issues with the app not working due to certain browser restrictions.
Some common causes / solutions are:
- Third-party Cookies are Blocked
- Logged into the Wrong Gmail Account
- Outdated Chrome Extension
- Conflicting Extension or Cache Issue
Third-party Cookies are Blocked
In the case, you experience an issue with Chili Piper not working in Chrome, check to see if your browser is blocking third-party cookies (picture below).
If "Block third-party cookies" is enabled the Chili Piper component and buttons do not show up or if they show up, they don't work properly.
Make sure to uncheck the box and all things will be back to normal and working correctly.
Logged into the Wrong Gmail Account
In order for the Chili Piper Chrome Extension to work properly, you must be logged into the Gmail account connected to your Chili Piper profile. You can verify which email is connected on your Integrations Page.
If you see the correct email listed there, try these steps in order:
- Login to Chili Piper through this link.
- Log out and then log in to your Gmail account again.
- Open an email or calendar invite and see if the Chili Piper icon has returned.
Outdated Chrome Extension
You may need to download an updated version of the Chrome Extension. To force an update, please follow the steps on this article.
Conflicting Extension or Cache Issue
Please try disabling (temporarily) any extensions you may be running in your Gmail account, especially those that modify your email editor.
An easy way to do this is by opening your browser in an incognito mode, and then enabling extensions.
- Click the menu button (3 dots in top right) in Chrome.
- Navigate to More Tools > Extensions.
- In the new tab that opens, scroll through the list to find the Chili Piper extension.
- Click the “Allow in Incognito” button.
Then, while in an incognito window, login to your Gmail and see if the icon has returned. If so, this might indicate a conflicting extension, or that you need to clear your cache/cookie data.
If, after following the steps above, you are still not seeing the Chili Piper button on your Google Calendar or in Gmail, please contact our Support Team.