As a prerequisite for this article, please review Reschedule and Reassign Meetings to ensure your preferences are turned on for this functionality.
The purpose of this article is to help Admins create a custom "Reassign" button in the Salesforce Event. This functionality will allow users to reassign a meeting to another user directly in Salesforce.
Note: Salesforce Admin permissions required. The button will not work for meetings not booked with Chili Piper.
- Navigate to "Setup" in Salesforce
- If you are using Lightning View:
- Go to the "Object Manager" and select "Event," then "Button, Links, and Actions"
- Event -> Button, Links, and Actions
- If you are using Classic view:
- Go to the "Event Buttons and Links" section
- Build -> Customize -> Activities -> Event Buttons and Links
- Click "New Button or Link"
- Configure the Button using the following data:
- Label: Reassign
- Name: Reassign
- Display Type: Detail Page Button
- Behavior: Display in new window
- Content Source: URL
- Select Field Type: Event
- Link to Add:
- Link Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)
- Click Save.
Your button setup should match the picture below.
Add button to layout
Navigate to Setup -> Object Manager -> Event -> Page Layouts . “Edit” the Event Page Layout.
From the Buttons category in the palette, drag "reassign" into the Custom Buttons area on the page layout.
Then, save and the button is configured.
The Button you created should appear in your events.
Once clicked, select the correct queue, then select the rep you'd like to reassign the meeting to.
Relating to existing Case or Opportunity
By default, we will associate the record to the most recently created Case or Opportunity within Salesforce.
If you would rather associate the reassigned meeting to the Case or Opportunity that the Event record is related to (WhatId), you can pass an additional parameter to the reassign URL.
This can be useful if you have multiple cases/opps related to the same prospect, but need to reassign a meeting that is not related to the most recently created.