The Chili Piper prospect-facing online booking calendar is available is 31 different locales or languages. This means that your customers and prospects around the world will be presented the option to schedule within their language, assuming you have their locale enabled.
Default Language Settings
By default, the Chili Piper calendar will be presented in English until you or your Chili Piper admin has enabled specific locales within the admin settings.
Enabling Different Languages
You can find these settings under Workspace Settings > Language Settings
Note: Master admin permissions required.
Here you should see a list of all of the different languages in which you can enable the Chili Piper calendar to be render in.
Simply checking the box for a particular language will enable Chili Piper to render the calendar in that specific language in certain situations.
How does Chili Piper know which language to render the calendar in?
The Chili Piper calendar system can render the prospect-facing online calendar in different languages in 1 of 3 ways:
- By detecting the end-user's browser's preferred language and presenting Chili Piper in that language.
- This will be the easiest and most common method of localizing the Chili Piper online calendar as you only need to enable the admin setting for a respective languages and Chili Piper will automatically take care of the rest for you.
- By appending the
locale=parameter to the end of a Chili Piper online booking URL.
- This method will override the end-user's preferred language setting and force Chili Piper to load in a particular language. Helpful if you would like to test how Chili Piper is presented in other languages.
- Example URL format for Spanish: https://salesfloat.chilipiper.com/book/bookerav?locale=es_ES
- By passing the
locale:parameter as an option into the REST API submission to Chili Piper.
- This method will override the end-user's preferred language setting from their browser and force Chili Piper to load in a particular language.
- This is for advanced customers. Please contact your Relationship Manager or email@example.com for more information regarding the Chili Piper REST API.
Please see here for a list supported languages and their respective values for the locale parameters.
If a country/language is not supported, Chili Piper will default to English. Chili Piper will publish on it's support site the list of supported languages, updated from time to time as new languages are added.