Automations are powerful! This is an example of something you can do to automate Chili Piper with Zapier and a Third-party app.
In this case, we will look at removing a user from Chili Piper automatically when a field on the User record updates in Salesforce.
This doesn't have to be limited to Salesforce and can be any app that either Zapier supports or has a webhook you can utilize.
Likewise, you don't need to necessarily remove the user. You can use this same trigger/action theory to do any of our Edge API References requests.
What you'll need
- Zapier premium account. See our Zapier integration article for more information.
- A third-party app that integrates with Zapier (i.e., Salesforce, HubSpot, GSheets, etc)
- A long-lived session token. Please contact support to obtain one!
- Super Admin access in Chili Piper. This isn't required in the long run but is recommended to retrieve the endpoint information needed.
Zapier calls their workflows "Zaps". They are usually made up of a Trigger and one or more Actions.
Here's a very basic trigger. In this case, we are detecting when a field on the User record (Active__c) is updated to "false". When this is updated, it initiates the zap.
REMINDER! In practice, you could replace this for a different object or field in Salesforce or even use a different trigger from an entirely different app. Any app update will do!
For more information on the formatting of our API References, refer to this article.
This is where it gets a bit more complicated. You will need to set up a custom webhook action using Zapier premium features.
The app is "Webhooks" by Zapier. Action Event type is "Custom Request".
Setting up the Action:
Note the Method, URL, Data, and Cookie (header) are the components we'll need.
That's all there is to it!
You can get this working with any app trigger and utilize any of our API References to automate various actions!
Some examples that come to mind:
- Add a user to a workspace (and provide a license) when they are onboarded
- Remove a user from all queues
- Generate reports of which users are in each queue
- Adding the workspace a user is into their record in the CRM
- Generate workspace reports on a set timer (i.e.: once a month)