In some cases, we may provide a local (downloaded) copy of our Chrome Extension in order to provide you with additional features, critical updates, or bug fixes.
Follow these steps to install:
1. Download the Chili Piper Chrome Extension zip provided by our Dept. Customer Love.
2. Within Chrome click on the puzzle (extension) icon and click manage extensions:
3. If you have an older version of the Chrome Extension installed, please disable it for now.
4. In the top right of that page, enable developer mode:
5. On your desktop, extract the Chrome Extension zip. The location doesn't matter, but please remember where you have extracted it.
6. New buttons will appear when you toggle the developer mode on. Click "Load Unpacked"
7. Browse to the location where you extracted that zip file and open.
A new extension will appear in your browser, and you will be able to use the Chrome Extension locally.
1. Within Chrome click on the puzzle (extension) icon and click manage extensions:
2. Click "Remove" beside the unpacked Chrome Extension for Chili Piper. To make this easy, you can go ahead and remove any Chili Piper extensions you see listed.
3. (Optional) Re-download the latest extension from the Chrome Store. You can find a link to our latest extension here.