Chili Piper natively maps to all custom and standard fields for Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, and Case Objects.
Additionally, Chili Piper writes a handful of information to allow you to track and report on all your distro-routed records directly in Salesforce on some custom fields that need to be either created manually or installed directly through our Package!
Note: This package is for Distro Customers. If you're looking for the package related to our Handoff or Concierge Products, please see this article.
Why install the Package?
By Installing the package in your Salesforce instance, we reduce the Onboarding Time for your Salesforce admins by automatically creating custom fields and leveraging your Chili Piper data to show reports. The custom fields can also allow you to create more robust/custom automation rules in Salesforce.
tl;dr, this will save you a lot of time and help prove the value of Chili Piper to your internal stakeholders.
Please fill out the form below to Request Access to the package, you will be emailed with the links and more instructions to install the package:
For Distro Customers, fields will be added to the following objects:
- Lead / Contact / Account / Case / Opportunity
The following fields can also be added to the Lead / Contact / Account / Case and Opportunity. They are particularly helpful in tracking when a record was routed via Distro.
Field API Name
Checkbox (by default false)
- A set of reports to track all your records triggered by Distro.
Reports Names that you will find in Salesforce once the package has been installed in the folder called: "Chili Piper Distro Reports"
- Distro - My Lead Records Assigned
- Distro - Lead Records Assigned
- Distro - My Contact Records Assigned
- Distro - Contact Records Assigned
- Distro - My Account Records Assigned
- Distro - Account Records Assigned
- Distro - My Case Records Assigned
- Distro - Case Records Assigned
- Distro - My Opportunity Records Assigned
- Distro - Opportunity Records Assigned
Refresh your Salesforce fields
On your admin-level Integrationspage, make sure you click “Refresh Fields”:
Troubleshooting: Fields Aren't Updating
- Be sure to refresh the salesforce fields per the info above. This is required for any new field added to Salesforce, including these custom ones.
- Ensure all users have Read/Edit permissions on the new fields.
- Ensure there are no other validation or rule issues for Lead/Contact/Event creation. If Chili Piper has difficulty updating a Lead, we may fallback to not updating custom fields to ensure the Lead is still created.
- Make sure the fields are set up as defined above. For example, if you make a field a "restricted picklist" where it should be text, and the value provided by Chili Piper doesn't match, this can prevent the field from updating.